Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?

Well, now comes the real test - Can we handle winter for so long?
It snowed quite a bit last Saturday night and although it has warmed up in the days, it still hasn't melted. It really is beautiful out with all the snow and the wood fires tinting the frosty air with the smell of smoke. I wish I had a fireplace to curl up beside.

All this snow means lots of ice, though. Which means I'll be spending a lot of time peeling myself off of sidewalks this Winter. I fell a lot when I lived in Calgary. A lot. When D and I would go for walks, he would be talking to me, facing straight ahead, then look over at me, to find me lying on my back on the sidewalk. I guess I haven't mastered the art of ice walking. I've already had a lot of close calls, and it's only 3 days into it. My mom is going to send me the equivalent of snow chains for tires for my shoes. It really doesn't help that I live at the top of a steep hill.

Well, I guess it is time to pull down the Fall decorations and put up the Winter ones. I might as well embrace it. It will be here until next April. Gulp.

1 comment:

  1. That was the one thing I just could not get over...the winters. I really used to like snow until we moved up north, but now I feel like a kid in a candy shop with the Lower Mainland weather! And yes, the ice gets bad....Rose

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...