Wednesday, January 19, 2011

All's Well That Ends Well

I'm still reading the Little House on the Prairie series. I'm on "The Long Winter."
I love this family's spirit. They face a lot of adversity and hard times. They battle raging grass fires, chimney fires, blizzards, plagues of locusts and so many other life or death situations. And after the danger passes it is inevitable that Ma will say, "All's well that ends well." They don't stop to dwell on the what-if's. They have lost crops and money and worldly possessions, but when their family is safe around them they heartily say, "All's well that ends well." They focus on the positive and keep going. I find it very inspirational.
I also love that when Pa faces trouble, he sings his "trouble song," (as Laura calls it).
"Oh, I am as happy as a big sunflower,
That nods and bends in the breezes, Oh!
And my heart is as light as the wind that blows,
The leaves from the treeses, Oh!"
Does anyone know the tune to this song? If not, I might just make up one and sing it when I need to focus on the positives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...