Friday, January 28, 2011

Go To Your Happy Place

I went to mine today. Physically, not metaphorically. I went to the National Historic Site to buy our family pass for the year. A $10 for a family for the year, plus 50% off the Bed and Breakfast there! Amazing deal.
I really love this place. I walked around the site after I bought the pass (which I found out is allowed during the winter - I wasn't sure). I visited the chickens, I wiped out on the ice, and I walked around the grounds. Right now, it is a lot of fun to walk off the path, on top of the snow. There is a fairly strong crust, so you walk on top, but you never know when you are going to come crashing down to thigh deep snow.



I wish this was me:

And this:

And this:
The man there did say they are hiring in April!

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    That's so neat! I am always my family's historical village nerd; I love them. I will confess that I've spent enough summer's on the farm to NOT covet that lifestyle. I like it so much more when it is voluntary :) I hope you have a great time on every visit!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case you didn't notice ... that is you! Or maybe it was me working in the garden there this summer. Either way - you really need to book a garden plot there and I know it would make you the most happy woman here in Fort St. James!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...