Sunday, February 6, 2011

Busy


Sorry folks, I haven't been writing frequently here lately. I've been in job interviews and house hunting, both of which I'll update you on soon, when things get a bit more settled and final.
Have you read any good books lately? I have! I just finished the whole "Little House on the Prairie" series, and I am just finishing up the last of 20-odd novels that Lucy Maude Montgomery has written. I'm not sure what I'll do when I am done. I love all her books. She creates the most amazing, believable characters that capture human nature so well. Her grasp and understanding of the drama of childhood fills me with nostalgia. You know, I don't think I'll ever enjoy books written for adults, half so much as books written for children and teens.
Some of my other, all-time favourite children/teen books are the novels by Sharon Creech ("Walk Two Moons", "Absolutely Normal Chaos", and my favourite, "Chasing Redbird"), Karen Cushman ("Catherine Called Birdy", and "The Midwife's Apprentice"), and "The Forestwife" by Theresa Tomlinson. I think I've read them all a dozen times and will probably read them a dozen times more.
What are some of your favourite novels from your past that are favourites still?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...