Monday, February 14, 2011

Home Is Where the Heart Is

Oooooh, I have been bursting with our exciting news, but I wanted to wait until the home inspection was over. We're buying a house! We get possession at the end of March. It's huge! Much bigger than anything I would have ever dreamed of owning, so it is a good thing there is a suite in the basement to rent out. I think I am most excited about the big backyard, because that means that I am going to get chickens. A dream come true! Also, I am very excited about all the painting and renovating and decorating that will make this place our own. There are a lot of weird paint jobs in this house, and the kitchen countertops are almost puke-worthy, but I have discovered a great paint product that can cover them up. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of before and after shot posts on this blog in the future!
For now, here is a picture of the outside of the house (I know, it's pretty ugly) and some drawings of the different colours I am picturing for the outside. Vote on your favourite. I think I like green, but the neighbours have green, too.


8 comments:

  1. I also really like the top green one and my second choice would be the blue. If the blue was a bit more muted, it would be my first choice. Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I would go with a more grey-blue, I just didn't have the appropriate pencil crayon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still vote green, but the blue we were looking at was nice too and so was that cute yellow... Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kris,
    found you through your sisters blog. I'm so excited for you buying a house. I want to take more time later to read more of your blog.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Kris! It will be wonderful whatever color you pick!

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! It is going to be a tough decision!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...