Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lamp Makeover

Well, after battling with boredom, I decided to do a quick makeover on a lamp I've had since my early college days. It is a cheap little number from Ikea (I think) with a modern look, which I am not a fan of. So I took it apart, painted the silver stand white and covered the lamp shade with green fabric, lace, and twine (all the while my husband expressing his doubts). I made a quick wire frame and placed the shade back on upside down. Whew, quick and easy. I'm not sure if I completely like it, though. It might be a little too feminine for me, and definitely too girly for my husband. What do you think?

Before shot
During. Adding the fabric to the shade.
Finished shot



4 comments:

  1. Hi Kris, this is such a great makeover. Love that you turned it's "hat" upside down. It's a huge improvement on the original. Only you can really decide whether it's too feminine for you and your husbands tastes. Live with it a bit and decide if you L.O.V.E it or feel that urge to change it.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, Kris! Oooh! It is definitely an improvement! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Kris- so weird because last night (I have an identical lamp to this) we were sitting in the living room watching TV and we had to turn the light off it was so bright and I started thinking "what could I do to dim that and make it look better?" and sure enough I see your post this morning and vuala!!!! thanks a million!!! Do you think Modge Podge would work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think modge podge would definitely work. Have fun with it. I want to see pictures when you are done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...