Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Parlez-Vous Francais?



After a small snow storm the other day, the temperature has dropped right down to -25c. It feels like there has been no in-between this winter. Either thawing or in a deep freeze, making some very slippery sidewalks. This morning, there is a low, grey cloud creeping over the lake and making its way into town. Just one mountain top peaks out through the fog. It has an ominous feel. Spooky, but I like it.
I coloured with pencil crayons yesterday. Something I haven't done in a long time. Probably since grade 8 French class, where instead of learning an actual language, we coloured pictures of un crayon or un livre while our teacher held conversations with her plants. Not that we complained. What grade 8 student would ask to do actual work when their grade was based on completing a colouring book? You didn't even have to be a good colourer, effort was what counted.
So I put my grade 8 French skills to good use and coloured pictures of my dream garden and my dream chicken coop (hopefully to become a reality someday).

Ask me sometime about Grade 12 French and my cartoon character, Pierre, L'homme Francais. Honh honh honh.

1 comment:

  1. I remember you drawing Pierre, L'homme Francais. I want your dream chicken coop to become a reality soon because I want to meet your chickens.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...