Thursday, March 3, 2011

How to Make it Rain in a Desert

First of all, I've got some new followers out there, so I just wanted to say "Hi" to you all!
Second of all, something a bit funny. In my stats, I can see what people search for when they find my blog. Most of it is knitting, crafting, painting, homemade blah blah blah, etc.., but someone just searched "I dreamed someone puked all over me," and were linked to my blog. Hilarious! I love it!
Now back to the real post:
Back in our old home, we had a smooth sidewalk/front doorstep right against the house. I would sometimes go out there to do some fancy chalk drawings. And it never failed. Every time I drew one, it would rain. It doesn't rain all that often there in the summer, but it must have been Murphy's Law.*
One time while I was drawing, an entire French Immersion class stopped and watched while the teacher had an impromptu interview with me. She wanted to know why I would want to draw on the sidewalk, when it would soon be ruined. I guess it is just fun for me and it's nice to be able to share it with passerby's.


*When we were kids, growing up in Poco, an episode of a tv show was filmed in our neighbourhood, in our neighbour's house. There were trailers and film crews and actors all over. My older sister got to go with my Dad to check it all out, but I was sick. When they were done, they left behind a few pylons, which we kept. One of the only times it snowed that winter, we made a snowball and kept it under the pylon. It didn't melt for ages, well into the Spring (at least that is what I remember, but in reality, it was probably only a few days). The show was Murphy's Law and that is what I think about every time I hear someone say Murphy's Law.





I just thought I would leave you with a cute picture of those kittens I fostered.

3 comments:

  1. do you ever draw pictures of the neighbours? hee hee, love the kittys jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I should have! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh! I love your sidewalk chalk drawings! They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...