Monday, April 18, 2011

Crafting: What to do with those chairs from college

...Make them over. This chair got a bit of abuse in its day. It cracked and then was ripped and picked at. But now it has new life! I just ripped off the old plastic fabric and covered it with some fabric scraps of my own. Then, I sanded and painted the frame with some paint (made for metal), found left over in our house. Ta daa! Nice and easy, and it didn't cost me anything!

And I'll leave you with a picture of one of my calendula blooms in the kitchen!

2 comments:

  1. When I think a lot of people would ditch a chair like that, not seeing it's potential, it makes me appreciate the efforts like this. Love your planters. They look great together.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a happy flower- is it related to a dahlia? I love the chair- what a fun business that would be finishing old chairs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...