Saturday, April 23, 2011

Inauguration

Last night my husband and I hosted our first party together and in our new home. It is the first time we have lived somewhere big enough to do that. It was so nice to get together with friends and have them in our home (even if the reason for the party is a sad one, our good friends are moving away). Our big empty house didn't feel so big and empty last night with adults chatting and kids running around. The tulips in the pictures below were a gift to bless our new home. I love tulips!


And the cleanup only took about 10 minutes because we finally have.... A DISHWASHER! Those of you who know me, know that the thing I like least in this world is doing dishes. That being said, we don't often use the dishwasher, except as a giant dish drying rack. But at times (like last night) it is so nice to just be able to load it up and turn it on.

Today we are going on a day trip down some of the roads we haven't been down before, to some of the more remote reserves in the area. I am looking forward to it.

Have a wonderful long weekend and a happy Easter!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your inauguration dinner. I got my first ever dishwasher a couple of years ago, and it was such a luxury. So congrats on that too.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on breaking in your new home! I love the tulips- such a sign of spring! What a neat place you drove to- such beautiful pictures- is it still really cold there? That church looks like some kind of a viking church- really pretty! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Natasha and Lisa! It was a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I can't wait until we live in a place big enough to do that as well. I love to host parties! Your home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...