Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Chicken Coop

My coop is nearing completion. I am very happy with how it has turned out. Thanks Dad for building it for me! The wire is up, the roof is on, and it's painted. I just need to dig a trench around it and put a wire skirt about a foot under the dirt to keep the foxes from digging under my coop. Then I'll plant a cute garden around it and make some stone pathways to the front and back door.
But first, I'll show you a nice picture of the milk-glass lamp I bought at Value Village: I love how soft and warm it looks.
And some plants that I had to take a picture of on our Easter Drive.






Ok, Here it is!
I want to plant some sunflowers and pole beans and other beautiful things around the coop. I am also going to put my weather vane beside it.
The entryway for chickens! There is a roost and nesting box inside for them.
This view shows you where the coop is in relation to our yard. That is a pretty big lawn we have to mow. I wish we could have a sheep.
There is a back door that gives me access to the inside of the coop, to collect eggs and clean it out.

Well, that's it for now. I will definitely post more pictures once we actually have chickens and it is all finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...