Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Cure For Hiccoughs

This is something I have been interested in asking all of you for awhile. What is your tried and true favourite cure for hiccoughs?
My Grandmother had a cure that she swore never failed, and I have to say, it never has for me. Take a spoonful of brown sugar and stick it in your mouth. Next, take a mouthful of water, letting the sugar melt in your mouth a bit before you swallow. Done. Hiccoughs are cured. I think we may have pretended to have hiccoughs when we were little just to get a spoonful of sugar!
One downside to our family cure, whenever I have brown sugar now, I feel like I am going to have the hiccoughs!
There are so many hiccough cures out there and many of them are so bizarre! From scaring people (ask my sister about that one!) to drinking out of a cup upside down, the cures vary from person to person and family to family. So please, take the time to share your hiccough cure. I am so interested to hear how it is done in your family!


1 comment:

  1. the only thing that has ever worked for me is gulping water while plugging my ears

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...