Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Life Update

This past Sunday was the most beautiful day. It seems that the weather turns fantastic on the weekends here. On Sunday, after some afternoon tennis across the street, we had a potluck at a friend's cabin on the lake. We hula hooped on the beach, ate delicious food, I swam in the lake (the ice has been off for at least a couple of days), and relaxed in the sauna. I love this place! It is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
I have been working some more on my chicken coop lately. I have dug around it, laying down wire to keep predators from digging in, and then hauling rocks from the beach to make stone pathways. Today I planted some seeds in the garden around the coop, so I hope they will turn out. I've got sunflowers and calendula, beans and marigolds, lettuce and peas.
I have also been insulating the coop, which is a very difficult task, although it is nearly finished. In the end, I bought some fibreglass insulation to line the coop. It was the cheapest and easiest option.
We have had tons of hummingbirds at our feeder! They have nearly drained the nectar from the feeder that I put up just days ago! I constantly hear their buzz over head. I took some pictures of one tonight. They are all a bronze colour with a very shiny orange/bronze patch under their chin. Any ideas what kind?
Finally, I went to Prince George last Saturday and we bought a new momentum reel mower. It is pretty exciting to cut the grass now! And we also bought a rocking chair for our living room (and somehow managed to squish it into the back seat of our little Corolla). I also bought a bunch of crocheted doilies that I am going to use for a project soon (more on that later).

Well, I think we are all caught up now! I hope you have been having a wonderful week and I'll see y'all soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...