Saturday, June 25, 2011

How Do You Like...




...Them apples? The apples on our tree are growing really well, and I am excited to taste them come Fall. Our garden, however, is in a sad state of affairs. The crows nip off my seedlings as fast as they come up and dig up the seeds that don't sprout. It is really sad. I am going to have to build a scarecrow. I am pretty much resigned to the fact that my garden won't be that great this year, but it will be a good learning experience for next year.

Question: Have any of you raised angora rabbits before?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I hope they taste good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Kris! I am secretly pining for fall and harvest time! And I love that you asked about Angora rabbits, that has been a dream of mine for a while- can you imagine a fiber farm? alpacas, angoras, a camel? let me know what you find out : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a dealer of French Angoras here in BC. She may be the only one in Canada, (there may still be one in Ontario, and those bunnies came from her stock too!). I am thinking of buying a breeding pair and making them a little rabbitry in our shed and yard. I'm pretty excited about it! The French Angoras shed their fur naturally, so you don't even need to shear them, you just pul at the loose wool. I guess the main thing that I will have to watch for is to make their enclosure predator proof. Yay! I will definitely be blogging this adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...