Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bedroom Makeover

Well, I had originally planned to paint our bedroom when we did the living room and kitchen, but I ended up being too burnt out. It took until yesterday to work up the energy, but I got it done, and I think it has been worth it.

When we first moved in, our room was painted a dark brown. It felt too dark and heavy in there. I could hardly wait to lighten it up. I love the way it looks now!

This is the bedroom the day we moved in.
This is it today. I painted the walls "Talc" and the trim "Timothy Hay" green by Martha Stewart. I think we may paint the dresser green too.
The sweater chest is at the foot of the bed. I love the branches that hold up the curtains over our closet. There used to be mirrored doors there instead.
I love that the mosquito net is functional and beautiful. It has kept those pesky bugs from waking us up at 4am.
This time I made wood panelled outlet covers by printing some pictures of wood grain that I googled. Remember that tutorial I did?
That's about it for now. I look forward to adding some more art to the walls. It should add a bit more colour to the room.

2 comments:

  1. I love it that you keep it simple.Very nice space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful, Kris! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...