Saturday, February 18, 2012

DIY: Mirror Frame

Time for a mirror makeover! The mirror in question came from our old house in Kamloops. When we were moving, my husband packed it up not realizing it wasn't ours. But by the time we figured that out, it was too late and we were in the Fort. Oops. At least it is a super cheap mirror and was breaking.
In Kamloops, I had replaced this mirror with the twig mirror I made because I thought this one was ugly. And it is, a little, or it was. A cheap plastic frame glued on to cardboard. Nothing really special. It sat tucked away for years. So, I decided to give it a funky look by wrapping fabric scraps around the frame and hot gluing them in place. Easy peasy. It took about an hour. And now it proudly hangs in baby Nutbrown's room, its ugly, neglected past now forgotten.


Here is the mirror frame after I pulled the mirror out.
The finished mirror in the baby room. Note the shelf I made on the wall out of old fence boards.
Another view. The baby's room is in progress.

1 comment:

  1. Looks so cute, Kris, you kleptomaniac you! Or maybe that's David!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...