Monday, April 23, 2012

Fun in the Sun (and Rain)

What a busy weekend! My Mother-in-law came up for a visit and we had a blast! But it all started on Friday afternoon, when I got to participate in a fitness challenge with work that aimed to break a Guinness Book of World Records record with the most people simultaneously taking part in a fitness circuit workout. Read about it here.  A little challenging, being 7 months pregnant, but still fun!

Saturday, my Mother-in-law and I bought a few last things for the baby and I think we have mostly everything we need now. In the afternoon we took a nice long walk by the lake and enjoyed the glorious sunshine.
Sunday, the weather wasn't so nice but we sure had a busy day! In the morning, we participated in the Nak'azdli Sun Run and cleaned up! Haha. My husband got gold in the men's 10km run and my Mother-in-law and I came in second in the 5km (we walked). Not a huge turn out, but it was lots of fun.
In the afternoon we headed over to the historic park to help clean up the beach and then walked around the park to take a look. The new little chicks are growing up fast and I am getting excited for the season opening in a few more weeks!
So there we have it, a full and exciting weekend!
Baby Nutbrown's first trip to the Historic Park!
Baby Nutbrown's first trip to the Historic Park!

The first flowers pushing their way through at the Officer's Dwelling House garden.
The first flowers pushing their way through at the Officer's Dwelling House garden.
The baby chicks are in the gangly teenage phase.
The baby chicks are in the gangly teenage phase.
Looks like Betty Bloomer did at that age.  These Brahma chickens will be involved at the chicken races at the park this summer.
Looks like Betty Bloomer did at that age.  These Brahma chickens will be involved at the chicken races at the park this summer.
Boos is modelling one of the bandanas we got at the race.
Boos is modelling one of the bandanas we got at the race.

Our very cool race t-shits and my medal. Whoo hoo!
Our very cool race t-shits and my medal. Whoo hoo!
Isn't this a cool rock? I found it while cleaning up the beach. It looks just like a bear claw.
Isn't this a cool rock? I found it while cleaning up the beach. It looks just like a bear claw.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend! Sounds like you guys are total fitness nuts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...