Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dandelion Muffins

After my last post about dandelions, I was searching on the internet for other uses of the plant when I came across dandelion muffins. I searched for recipes and ended up using this recipe to make these delicious muffins!

First I harvested some dandelions from my yard, washed them and dried them in my Grandmother's salad spinner.

Next, I had to separate the petals from any green bits. the green bits become too bitter, apparently. Don't do this if you have a hand modelling gig in the next few days. I find they stain your hands and it is hard to get off!

I mixed the petals in with the flower and other dry ingredients.

It is very satisfying to bake with eggs from your own backyard.

Mmm, golden and delicious!

They have a very nice, subtle taste and melted butter really brings out the flavour. I also like having some homemade nectarine jam on them as well.

And that is it!
p.s. I saw our first hummingbird at our feeder today.

1 comment:

  1. Who'd a thunk it??? Eating dandelions in muffins. What'll they think of next?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...