Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer Solstice

Yes, I am still here. No, I haven't had the baby yet. Yesterday was my due date, so hopefully not a whole lot longer to go...

Wednesday was Summer Solstice, a glorious day and longest day of the year (which is really long this part of the world). We celebrated by having a solstice potluck at a friend's house along with a bonfire on the beach. It was wonderful!
I took these pictures as we were leaving, around 10:30pm. I love that we can walk back to our car at this time of night and not even need a flashlight!


 Our car doesn't make it down the long driveway, so we park at the road and walk in. I always feel like Little Red Riding Hood on this road.
Thursday was National Aboriginal Day, another beautiful hot sunny day and we had a bbq in the evening and watched the fireworks (which start at 11pm, even though the sky is still not fully dark!). The fireworks on National Aboriginal Day are the best of the year and the show lasted nearly half an hour. I think the baby enjoyed the noises...sure kicked a lot!
Friday, my due date, was again hot and beautiful out and I enjoyed the farmer's market and also picking lilacs in the late evening. So many hot days in a row, not at all like last summer! I guess it helps pass the time...Hopefully this baby will make an appearance soon!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...