Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Family Cradle


Before my older sister was born, my mom and her sisters bought a cradle together. Since then, it has served as a first bed for me and my sisters and all my cousins. And now it has become the cradle of my cousins' and my own children.

It sits up against my bed so the mosquito net can close around all of us at night.
 Each child who has slept in this cradle has a plaque with their name and birth date placed on the cradle.
On this side are the names of the next generation to use the cradle. Kesten is the sixteenth baby to sleep in it. We will soon add his name to the cradle.
 Remember that table I made with the old fence boards? I brought it up to my room to use as a nightstand now.
 I love the rough old texture of the wood and paint and the milk glass lamp on top. That lamp sure comes in handy in the middle of the night for feedings.

Do you have a family cradle or other special bed for your baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...