Monday, July 23, 2012

The Foxes

RIP Momma Fox

I am very sad to tell you that the momma fox of the fox family was killed by a dog a month or so ago. I think I almost cried when I heard the news. I worried about what would become of her family. We speculated that her kits were probably old enough to make a go of it on their own, but we weren't sure. People reported seeing the daddy fox around, but no sign of the babies.
But last night, I went for my first bike ride in over a year (it was glorious!) and as I went around a corner I spied a fox. It was one of the babies! I good deal older, but not quite as big as an adult. I followed him around for a bit and watched him hunt. If this one survived, there is probably a good chance that the other two did as well. I sure hope they did!

1 comment:

  1. As we took off from Salt Lake City yesterday, we spied a fox in the field beside the runway, running along beside the plane until he disappeared down a hole somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...