Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Backyard Feast

When we got home from our trip, a bounty was waiting to be harvested in our yard. I cooked up a backyard feast for us!
 Homegrown lettuce, cherry tomatoes, peas, and green onions to make a salad, sauteed veggies (beans, tomatoes, onions, kale, and fresh herbs) and an omelette from our eggs with onions, tomatoes, and kale all eaten with a bouquet of our brown-eyed susans for decoration and with strawberries and blueberries for dessert.
I just love it when we can eat a meal completely grown by us.

3 comments:

  1. I will be doing that soon, things are finally coming on. I make a soup, usually...

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being able to do this too it gives me such a feeling of accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, a soup sounds good! Any tips?

    Comeca- Isn't it the greatest feeling?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...