Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Rosy Cheek Reducer

With Winter and the colder weather, my little guy's cheeks get dry and a bit chapped. It doesn't help that he's teething and drooling a lot either! So I made a very simple lotion to rub on his cheeks to keep them moisturized and to protect them from chapping. I call it the Rosy Cheek Reducer and I cleaned out an old glue stick container to keep it in (works perfectly! Like a giant chapstick!)

Rosy Cheek Reducer

1tbsp of shredded beeswax
2tbsp olive oil
2 drops of vitamin E oil

Melt your beeswax into the olive oil in a double boiler (a glass pyrex measuring cup in a pot of boiling water works really well). Once all the beeswax has melted, remove from the heat and add a few drops of vitamine E oil. Stir well and pour the mixture into a cleaned out glue stick container or other container. My baby has sensitive skin, so I didn't add any essential oils to scent this mix, but you can add a couple of drops if you want. Allow the salve to harden completely in the container. To use it, twist up the bottom (like a chapstick) and rub on those rosy cheeks!



2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love how you've put the picture on the container, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...