Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Day

I started the day with some family cuddles (we slept in until 8am. I realize that at one point of my life, that would sound rather pathetic). Next was breakfast, lounging, reinstalling the car seat, and some computer time where I confirmed that I will be getting 7 Wyandotte eggs in March on our way home from Ontario. Whoo hoo! I'll have a mix of silver laced, gold laced, and blue laced reds. Aren't they pretty birds? After they hatch out, I plan on getting some Australorp eggs to hatch.
 (Both images from http://www.mypetchicken.com/)
 After some lunch, we headed out for a family ski on the lake. The sun was beating down. The snow was actually pretty terrible for skiing and the tracks had been obliterated by snowmobiles and melting, but we had fun all the same.
After that, it was time for a relaxing bath, family phone calls (well, skype, actually), a little bite of dinner, some Seinfeld, and some crafting!
I made a little teepee for my garden out of willow. Notice the mess. My mother can attest to the fact that I have always been a messy person. When I was a toddler, she would cringe at the sound of the toy basket being dumped right upside down. The older I got, the messier my room became. If anyone was looking for scissors, tape, glue, rulers, etc, they knew to look in my room. I blame it on my creativity. It thrived on that mess. I am improving now that I am an adult, but there are certain closets that should never be opened without taking the proper precautions.

And now that the baby is in bed, it is time to catch up on emails and blog posts, and knit a few more rows of my new project (don't you wish you could see it!). And tomorrow is a new day with new adventures!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful and very productive day! The chickens are lovely and you did a fabulous job with the willow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am looking forward to getting my garden all beautiful! Only 2 and a half months of snow left! haha

      Delete
  2. I was at Wal-mart today and they were getting their garden centre department all ready - it was kinda exciting to see it starting to come out. This year, I'm looking forward to my garden too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already?! I just love making garden plans this time of year, but the garden nurseries are so far behind me here. I guess they have to be realistic :)

      Delete
  3. Those are the most stylish chickens I've ever seen in their beautiful lace dresses, the top one looks so proud of herself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they lovely? I hope I get some pretty ladies to keep. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they don't all hatch out to be roosters :S

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...