Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Pineapple Express

Warm air from Hawaii has come to heat up this frigid North. After weeks of cold weather (I had to add a dark blue to my temperature scarf) we are in the plus degrees! Yesterday, Kesten and I walked for hours. I was so warm I had to take off my coat. I know some people don't enjoy these warm breaks, as it makes the snow icy and bad for skiing, but I love it. It feels like a little holiday from Winter and a teaser for Spring.
 We've also been enjoying some gorgeous sunsets. I love the crescent moon in this shot and the glowing lights from my neighbours' homes.
 I love the pinky orange light that fills the house when the sun sets like this.
 I've decided to do my temperature scarf in linen stitch now. Linen stitch makes it look like I have been knitting in fair isle. I am really liking this stitch! I bought two yarns to replace my chunky yarns, so they are all the same weight now, making the scarf look much more uniform. And I used black for my border colour from my stash for the same reason-it was the same weight as the others. And do you see that yellow? I got to add yellow yesterday, not even light yellow! Yippee! Warm days!
Our tango classes are going really well. We only have 2 classes left (oops, 3, I can't count) :( We started to get pretty fancy last night, adding in some pivots and learning front ochos and back ochos. I am terrible for back leading (it is the backseat driving of tango). When you are dancing in the follow's position, you have to listen and do what your lead tells you to do, without anticipating. I am always anticipating. I can't shut off my brain. Oops. But is so much fun!

Well, now it is time for us to go out and enjoy another warm day!

2 comments:

  1. Your scarf is gorgeous! I love how it looks with the linen stitch. That's something I haven't tried yet. Gorgeous photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo! I am really liking the linen stitch right now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...