Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dandelion Wine Part 4

Well, we finally got around to bottling our wine! 8 months later! Here we are, about to taste it for the first time since we set it to ferment. (Here is part 1, part 2, and part 3)
I think we were shocked with how sweet it tasted! It was really delicious, but I know some people don't like sweet wine. I don't really like wine because it isn't sweet, so this was right up my alley.

"I taste a hint of meadow with citrus undertones. Hem hem."
The bottling begins! It only took us maybe half an hour at most. A very quick process! Except for the part where we ran out of bottles and had to dig out more from storage.
Look at that elbow grease I am putting in to corking those bottles!
28 bottles! It made so much!
A little musical interlude. Look at that arm in motion!
After the bottling, we walked around the farm. We visited the bees. Bees don't poop in the hives, so when it is really cold in the Winter, they don't venture out far, which is why there is so much poop on the outside and in the snow. So fascinating! The things you don't realize if you've never had bees!
We visited the calves next. These are the same little gaffers that we saw last Spring.
They were enjoying their grains, and pushing each other out of the way.
Next we visited the chickens, but we forgot to take pictures :(.


And now we get to sit back and feel accomplished that we made wine from dandelions.

p.s. Can you see the little nesting box I made coming out of the side of the chicken coop? It even has a flower box that will be planted in the Spring!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks fantastic.. I can almost taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweet little nesting box. Enjoy the wine it sounds yummy. How nice to be able to walk around the farm like that and I love the info about the bees - something one doesn't much think about.
    What a great post! I feel like I took a little field trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love visiting the farm! This was the first time Kesten got to see it and I think he enjoyed seeing the cows.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...