Monday, February 18, 2013

Felt Making Workshop

Today we had a facilitator come up to the Fort to teach us a 6 hour course on how to make felt. We made felt boots/slippers as our project. It was so much fun and I learned lots! 

We had beautiful colours to choose from to embellish our boots.
 My boots are all ready to start the felting process. Most of the time is spent arranging the wool on the boot pattern. Once that part is over, the felting goes fairly quickly.
 Kesten came with me to the workshop. I was a little nervous about how it would go, but he was awesome and was so interested in watching everything. He spent the time between the backpack, the playpen, and my arms, babbling and playing and he even squeezed in a couple of naps. What a guy!
 Kesten visiting with our wonderful facilitator.
 Our group and our finished projects.
 Ta da! They are still drying.
 It's hard to see the colours in this light, but I love them.
What fun! Have you done any felting before?

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Pic's and nice shoes!
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne! It was lots of hard work, but such fun. Thank you for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! I've only knit things and felted them, I haven't done your way - but it sounds really fun. And glad Kesten was a such a good little guy for you! So - what are you going to make next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done the knit than felt thing before (except accidentally), but I would like to try it. I think we are going to make a different kind of slippers next Monday. I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...