Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Make-A-Wish Mobile

Before I talk about the mobile, guess what this little boy is doing now? Pulling himself up on everything! And he is so proud of himself!

 Ok, now on to the mobile! See that painting behind him? It is of a dandelion. There is a paper star mobile that hangs over his bed too, that my friend made for him. I love it and so does he. Whenever I am feeding him in his room, I always watch the mobile spin around in front of the dandelion painting and it puts me in mind of dandelion seeds being blown in the wind. DING! Idea! A dandelion seed mobile!
I made a prototype of my idea yesterday. I'm not sure it is in its final form yet, I want to mull over some ideas.
 I like that the seeds are sort of stylized, but I'm not sure people will get it without being told they are seeds first. What do you think? I also think it might look better to have the supporting wires painted white, so they don't pop out as much. I have a friend bringing me a bag of down when they come visit, so I think I would like to try making seeds with that instead of pompoms.

Thoughts? Comments? Constructive criticism?

4 comments:

  1. Maybe if the flower was yellow and the seed white?? But then it wouldn't make sense that the seeds came from it.... Don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I think the pom pom on the flower is too full or something and looks like it should be a yellow one...

      Delete
  2. I love the dandelion painting and like how you framed it behind your son in the first image, very colourful. I do like what you've done and think it's very good. Curious to see how the down will look - good for you for trying new things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am still contemplating other ways of making this mobile... We'll see what I come up with!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...