Sunday, March 31, 2013

Busy Times

Busy times at this Nutbrown household. But fun, happy times as well. Our little boy turned 9 months old a few days ago!
 I have 5 Wyandotte eggs incubating. These ones I will keep for myself (not all of them, because there are bound to be more roosters than hens, but I'll sell the roosters). The eggs have started wiggling of their own accord, and there are only 2 days left until lockdown! It has flown by for me, because I have been so busy with visits that I've nearly forgotten all about them. But I am getting more excited as the time approaches. I'll be updating more regularly as they start to pip. After these guys hatch, I'll be hatching one more batch of eggs for myself, and then I think I'll be done for the year.
 Look at my tired baby! He fell asleep while his daddy was feeding him some kiwi. He had a busy day yesterday. We went into the big city of Prince George to do some shopping (first time since October. Yay us!). After we ran our errands, we went to the pool and Kesten went swimming for the first time ever. He loved it! He splashed around, played with pool toys, and loved it when we swished him through the water.
 It may not look like it to you, but we are getting some serious snow melting now. The days have been warm - in the low teens, and Kesten had his nap outside on the deck in his playpen on Friday while I puttered in the yard. The chicken coop is getting mucked out and cleaned and ready for the new inhabitants.
 The snow is melting off of the wheat field, so that I can soon start digging turf off of it again. We really have lost a lot of snow, it doesn't look like it, but we have!




My plants are growing well and I just bought some more grow bulbs in town so that my seedlings will have a lot of light. I will take a picture once I've got my system all set up. I am planting a few more seeds today. I really love this time of year, it is my absolute favourite! So much to do and plan and grow! New plants and baby chicks! And I don't think I would appreciate it nearly as much, if it weren't for those long Winters that we slog through.


What do you love about Spring? What's your favourite time of year?

3 comments:

  1. It's all very exciting isn't it? I love beginnings, like the beginning of the school year and the beginning of spring - filled with so much hope. I'm looking forward to getting things done this year too.
    Good luck with your eggies, can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...