Friday, April 26, 2013

A Whole Lotta Pictures

It's that time of year again- the ice is rotting and the wild wind is blowing it off the lake. We went to investigate this morning and found some patches of open water.




 Around this time of year, I start to have dreams about swimming. Jumping in the lake to find it freakishly warm. I love those dreams. I will likely jump in in a couple of weeks, once the temperature outside has warmed up. I have gone in the lake in May since we have moved here. It's a celebration of the return of the water.
 Green Goo! I stepped in it and it leaked into my rubber boots which are now full of holes. ew.
 The ice is stacked up here on the shore. It makes a tinkling glass sound as the ice crystals fall to the stoney beach.


Soon we will be able to hear the sound of the waves lapping up on the shore. One of the best sounds in the world.


 The chicks are 3 weeks old now. I am anxious to get them outside soon. They are starting to smell. Bigger chicks = bigger poop = stinkier!

This chick has the most beautiful red coloured feathers on his back. Yes, his. I think he is a he.
 See? Look at those wattles coming in!
This is chick A. I think this one is a she. No wattles yet.

 My cochin, chick C. Pretty sure this one is a boy :(
Hahahaha. Chick E. I think is the other girl because she doesn't have wattles yet either. What a funny looking one! Reminds me of Gonzo or something.
Chick B, another boy! Oh man, 3 out of 5! Oh well. This one looks so regal.
 My cochin again. Oh why do you have to be a boy? :(
I've got some new eggs shipping out to me on Monday. Hoo hoo hoo! Just you wait until I tell you what kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...