Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lockdown

The eggs are now on lockdown! This means that I have taken them out of the turner. I put paper towel down so that they don't slip around when they hatch and I've increased the water in the pot in the middle so that the humidity is high. I can no longer open up the incubator (unless absolutely necessary) as this will decrease the humidity and if any of the eggs have pipped, this could cause the membrane in the egg to shrink wrap the chick. So now we wait. In a couple of days I expect to hear chirps, as the chicks pip through the membrane into the air cell inside the egg. And after that, it will be a day or two until hatching. I thought it would be fun if this time we had a contest to see who can guess which egg will hatch first. I've lettered them, so we can choose a letter and root for that egg. In the picture below from left to right are: A, B, and C.
 And in this picture from left to right are D and E.
I always find that the egg I think will hatch first doesn't and the one I am least expecting is first. It is anyone's game. So what'll it be? Which letter will you choose? A, B, C, D, or E?

10 comments:

  1. I'll pick C. Always a good choice on a multiple choice test! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. C is the smallest of the eggs, that has no bearing on the hatch, that I know of.

      Delete
  2. E - Best letter in the alphabet (If I'm right does the chick get named after me?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, good idea! hahaha. Or I'll let the winner name the chick.

      Delete
  3. I am going to guess D....for the obvious reason!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to pick 'c' too because I want to root for the little guy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...