Saturday, May 18, 2013

Goodbye Roosters!

 Today I sent off these two roosters to their new homes- my cochin and one of my blue laced red wyandottes. Sometime today or later this weekend and I am dropping off the other blue laced red wyandotte, leaving me with just my two gold laced wyandotte hens.
 At six weeks old, they look like mini adults now.
 They had one last snuggle together before it was time to go. Awww.
 My eggs in the incubator went on lockdown yesterday and I am expecting hatching either Monday or Tuesday. Stay tuned! Six eggs have made it into lockdown, so we'll have to see how many chicks we get out. Want to place bets again? A,B,C,D,E, or F? Which will be first?


And now it is time to enjoy this weekend with the spastic weather! One minute hot sun, the next pounding rain or hail, then back to sun. It is hard to do anything outside in that kind of weather, you are constantly peeling off layers and hurriedly pulling them back on again. Oh well, at least I don't have to water the garden. Have a good long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Aww sorry to see that you're left with only two. My vet was telling me that she gave her neighbour two chickens but after only a couple of days, they returned he her yard. She said you have to move them in the night when they're sleeping so they are accepting in their new home - have you heard of that?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...