Monday, May 27, 2013

Mount Pope

Yesterday was my first trip up Mount Pope in a long time! We went with my husband's coworkers and it made for a fun hike! This time, we brought our baby up and he got to see the summit for the first time. Although, it was pretty cold and wet at the top, so we didn't stay long. Along the way I enjoyed the beautiful sights, smells, and sounds of the forest. It really is like a fairy land in there.


Fairyslippers
 Fairybells
 Lots of fairyslippers!
 My boy giving me a goofy smile!
 View from the top. I must have been cold, because I only took one picture of the view.
 My boy's first summit!
 A fairy chair to rest on.
The hike was fun, but we did get pounded by hail and rain a few times. But we survived!

And in other news, the chick in my egg died :( It pipped into the air cell yesterday, but the membrane was too dry and it died today. I opened it up to find not a chick, but a DUCKLING! So that is why it took so long to hatch! Poor guy. It was really cute :( What a mixup. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I've been up there a couple times, nice view from the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! But I don't really think I took it in this time. I was too cold!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...