Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Welcome to May!

Yesterday we took a little walk along the lake to check on the progress of the ice melting.
We waded out into the water. It is so nice to hear splashing sounds again.

We said hello to our river otter friend, as he swam by.
It was so nice to see reflections in the water. You miss these things when they are gone.
The birds are busy nesting and buds are swelling on the trees.
The neighbour has ducks this year in his yard. We joke about being a farming neighbourhood. Chickens, geese, ducks, and lambs. Our backyards have had them all!
And now it is May and I couldn't be happier. I saw the weather forecast for the coming week and it is all above 20c! :D I am grinning from ear to ear. I'll get to add some new colours to my temperature scarf. We plan to head to the city on Saturday to pick up some things and go to the garden centre. I am so excited to buy plants. Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful spot you guys live in! Is that a lake or a river? Isnt spring fun, watching all the animals and plants come back to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lake, a great big beautiful lake! I love it! Spring is definitely my favourite time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...