Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Family Visits, Camping, and a Mountain Bike Festival

What a wonderful week we have had! We had family come and stay with us for the week and on the weekend we all went camping in Burns Lake, B.C. for the annual Big Pig Mountain Bike Festival. 

Lots of fun was had in our backyard, feeding the chickens, playing soccer, fixing bikes, sampling the garden, eating supper at the new picnic table, and digging in the sandbox. 

Wherever there is a bike and tools, Kesten is there! He had to help his daddy and uncle fix my bike.
 Oooh, and the apples! He has discovered the apple tree with the sour little apples and likes to help himself. They are still way too sour for me, but he loves them!
 Kesten is practicing his levitating skills again. This kid might run away to join the circus one day.
 We spent lots of time colouring on cardboard boxes in our living room. My niece and nephew seemed to really enjoy that!
 And on to Burns Lake. My niece and nephew (2 and 4) entered into their very first mountain bike races! And seemed to really enjoy them! The Big Pig Mountain Bike festival is a great family friendly event with something for everyone there.
 Kesten got to spend a lot of time with Grandma, while I got to ride :)
 And the little man was trying to escape from the tent at bedtime....
 This is Kager Lake, where we camped and where the events take place.
 Don't you love those chilly mornings camping?
 My husband and his brother both did the downhill race and the cross-country 70km race!

 I also took part in my very first race! A relay endurance race. My father-in-law and I were a team and completed 8 laps in 3 hours.
 And we won second place! My first cookie medal!
So that was our week. Good times with family and good times riding. It is very chilly here this week and I can feel Summer coming to a close. Gulp. I hope we get a hot September!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that's awesome, congratulations on the win! Love Kesten's levitation skills and his sweet little Cowichan sweater. Who's the fabulous artist? Love the foxes on the living room cardboard - they're great. You look awesome and it looks like everyone had a great time! Yay for an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I drew the foxes, under the instruction of my nephew (he coloured in noses and fur).

      Delete
  2. Well you are a fabulous artist too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...