Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fall

We dearly enjoyed our last weekend of warm weather, playing in our boat, going for a dip in the lake, and walking in the sunshine. And just like that it was over. Sunday night, Fall blew in on a blustery storm, sending Summer scurrying. The weather has been chilly ever since. This past Sunday we went for a walk to the beach and it couldn't have contrasted more with the Sunday before. We were wrapped in coats with mitts and toques in the drizzly rain. This morning we woke to -5c outside and a heavy frost. The furnace is now on (I was hoping to make it to October, but when it is 15c inside and not warming up, it was time to cave).
Before the last frost, we picked all of our September strawberries. We had tons of large, sweet berries. Somehow Kesten ended up eating most of them.
And now that the colder weather is here, I am starting to think about knitting again. I have some yarn in the mail, with which I hope to make Kesten's Halloween costume. Expect a new pattern sometime next week. And I am considering knitting a cardigan for myself. What knitting projects are you working on?

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss the sun. Today there were monsoon (practically) rains in VAncouver! Power outages and flooding can you believe it? I'm knitting a fox hat and want to start on the GapTastic Cowl -I bought a lovely cappuccino dyed yard from Expression FiberArts. I can't wait to see what you'll do next - you have the magic touch and everything always turns out so nice and dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Sounds like awful weather!
      I am done my knitting pattern, just waiting for some good weather so I can get my little guy to model it for me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...