Friday, December 27, 2013

A Most Wonderful Christmas

What a great day we had! A relaxed, fun, stress-free day where we got to watch our little boy open his presents and really enjoy Christmas! I'm beginning to think that the amount of effort that you put into preparing for Christmas does not equal the amount of enjoyment you get out of it. In fact, I think the less expectations you put on the day, the happier you will be. At least that was the case for us.
 He was spoiled with so many lovely thoughtful gifts from family! A new wooden sled to tour the town in, made in Canada even!
 Northern animals to play with!
 Boos was so hyper and kept leaping in and out of boxes!
Probably Kesten's favourite toy was the baby stroller. He loves to play with one at Strong Start and he has been wheeling this one around the house ever since Christmas morning.

 Oh, and who can resist trains? Especially ones that light up! This kid was so happy with all his gifts!
Christmas dinner was a small family affair that was quiet but special. 
 After dinner, we headed out to the ice rink for some skating time. Look how happy he is!
 And a walk home. He likes to walk all on his own now. Such a grown up little boy.
 And just before bed, a nice new book to read.
All in all, one of the best Christmases ever! I hope you had a very special time to spend with your loved ones.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, sounds like your family had a wonderful time.

    Don't forget to post the other things you've made, I've been waiting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well I don't think I've made anything else. I am in the process of making a treehouse dollhouse, but I've got a long way to go on that yet. I guess I also have to post the knitting pattern for the moose's sweater.

      Delete
    2. The treehouse dollhouse sounds very fun! Your kid(s) are so lucky to have you as a mom!!!

      Delete
  2. Glad you had such a nice Christmas Kris, you're so right about the expectations..we tend to put so much pressure on ourselves. My husband and I were on our own this year and we had a lovely day, we went out to a restaurant for the Christmas meal, first time ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you guys! One year my husband and I were in Portugal for Christmas and we were in a tiny medieval town where everything closed down for Christmas. The only place to eat was at a luxury hotel and the food was so expensive that we had to split a plate. But it was good! I tend to really romanticize Christmas, but after a few stressful Christmas episodes, I have really learned that taking it easy makes it so much more enjoyable!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...