Thursday, December 5, 2013

Handmade Christmas Presents

I can post these pictures on here because the recipients are all too young to use the internet!

Here is the tubular glockenspiel that I made Kesten for Christmas. There are lots of instructions on the internet on how to make them, like here, and here. I basically just used a pipe cutter to cut specific lengths of electrical conduit pipe and then built a wood frame for them. The holes have to be lined with foam so that the pipes will ring when struck with a mallet. I think Kesten will enjoy playing with it for Christmas.
 Next I made some wet felted pictures for my littlest nephews and then built them some rustic picture frames from our old fence.

I hope they enjoy them! Have you been making any presents for Christmas?

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful job you did on all of these. I hope you felted yourself some earplugs once Kesten starts to play his new instrument. I love your felt pictures - I've been wanting to do this for so long, but I just never get around to you. You definitely win the award for being an enterprising artist - well done! And keep creating! I can't wait to see what else you've made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to take pictures of latest creation still. I think I had more fun making it than Kesten will ever have playing with it! Oh well!

      Delete
  2. Good job Kris.. I have made about twelve pairs of fingerless gloves, they're so easy. I've run out of people to give them to so will have to move on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go! That is awesome and a lot of knitting! I really need to start knitting again, it's been awhile. I'd like to make a cardigan sometime when the motivation returns.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...