Sunday, January 12, 2014

Skiing Into Nothingness

We've had quite a bit of snow over the last few days which has completely covered up any sled tracks in the snow. We didn't know this starting out for our ski yesterday, and we ended up trying to blaze our own trail through the deep snow on the lake. It was eerily foggy too, which made it look like we were skiing towards the end of the Earth.
 At some spots it was so deep, I couldn't even see my skis as they were completely buried under the snow. We found some spots where the snow was hard packed beneath a smaller layer of powder and we tried to ski in those tracks as best we could.
 The going was hard and we turned back after not too long. It was more of a snowshoeing kind of day anyways.
 Back at home, Kesten took advantage of all the snow by sliding down our snowbanks.
 And boy, am I ever excited to share with you what I have been working on! I just finished it today, but I have to finish writing up the pattern and do a little photoshoot before and I can show you, but I am hoping sometime tomorrow or Tuesday! Eeee! I am really proud of this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...