Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Snowshoe (Hare)

We went for a family snowshoe this morning (well, I snowshoed, since we only have one pair and tried to break a trail). On our snowshoe, I spotted a snowshoe hare and got a picture! Yes! Finally! Can you see the little guy? Look in the centre of the picture, you can see his ears and eye.
 I cropped the picture on the computer for an even closer look.
 You have no idea how excited I was! haha
 We saw all sorts of moose and deer tracks in the fresh deep snow. We could see where they nibbled on branches and pooped. hehe
 Working down the trail ahead of the sled.
 The snowmobiles had recently been on this part of the trail, making it easier to walk. We suddenly have so much snow! It took us awhile, but we have tons!
 Back at home, Kesten and I visited the chickens. Look at the piles of snow around the chicken coop! It is practically buried.
Hope you're having a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I love Kestons onesie! I have often wondered if our rabbit is a snowshoe hare.....she looks just like your photo (great shot!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...