Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Wet-Felted Landscape

I have seen many cool felted landscapes for animals lately and was very inspired to try my own. The latest one I saw was on a blog written by a woman who worked at the same daycare I used to work at. Check out her polar bear playscape here. In my landscape I wanted to have some dens and caves for the bears, foxes, and wolves, a stream and pond for the beaver and otter, and some meadow area for the others. I laid out all my wool and wet felted it last night. This morning I needle felted the caves to give them a bit more structure and stiffness.
The animals are out, exploring their new habitat. I added some rocks and twigs too.

 There is a giant foot on the scene...

 Hehe, someday Kesten will have as much fun with it as I do, I'm sure of it!

4 comments:

  1. Incredibly charming. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I just want to crawl right in there : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! What a brilliant idea - I like the polar bear one from "And the Carrot Came Up" but I love yours the most! How very cool! Good job

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...