Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Finally!

The weather has finally warmed up. I just looked at the thermometer and we are nearing -4c! Kesten and I went for a long walk through the very deep snow. I pulled him in his sled and it was more of a workout than I care to admit! Next we strolled along our street, Kesten leading the way and then retuned to our yard to shovel out a path to the chicken coop. Kesten sat inside the chicken coop, chatting pleasantly to his "chickies," while I supplied them with fresh water, hay, and sawdust. They don't seem to mind him, they just go on about their business, scratching and eating. He got himself right under the coop, where he had to crawl on his hands and knees. When he decided he had a enough of that, he sat there demanding that I come to get him. He seemed to have forgotten how to crawl out again. Well, being in the pregnant state that I am, there was no way I was crawling under there to get him out, so I stood there encouraging him to crawl until finally he obliged. Whew. Next we filled up the bird feeders and brought the bird seed inside for a little project.
I set out some peanut butter, birdseed, and yarn.
 Next, we took a big spoonful of peanut butter and plopped it into the bowl of birdseed.
 We squished the peanut butter around, mixing it with the birdseed. Next we tied the yarn in a loop and wrapped it around the ball of peanut butter, squishing it into the ball as we went.
 I hung them up outside our window (where the hummingbird feeder usually goes). We'll see if we actually attract any birds, but it would be nice to see some chickadees!
 (I don't know why this picture wouldn't flip for me).
Haha, just as I finished typing this, one of the birdseed balls just fell through the string and landed in the deep snow. Oh well! We set another birdseed ball in a bowl on the deck to see if the birds will go for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...