Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Needle Felted Moose

I worked on a fun little project this week- a needle felted moose for Kesten to play with. Right now, he likes to call anything with hooves a moose. He gets pretty excited whenever he sees a picture of one. So, to keep me busy during down times, I worked on a moose for him.
To start out, I made a frame for his body out of pipe cleaners. Then I started to wrap raw wool around it and anchor it in place with a few jabs of the needle-felting needles. Once I got a basic shape formed, I went to work felting it in place with the needles and working it into more detailed shapes. Below is a picture of the moose with some loosely wrapped wool with some more felted areas, like his front legs.
 Once I was happy with his body, I added some antlers (on a pipe cleaner frame), as well as some eyes and hooves.
 I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but the hooves are even cleft.


 So far, Kesten likes to give it hugs and throw it around while saying "moose" repeatedly. The nice thing about a needle felted stuffy is that it is pretty durable!

6 comments:

  1. That. Is. So. Awesome!!! I love it, you are one very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! So realistic.....I would love to try doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's surprisingly easy, just takes a lot of time.

      Delete
  3. That is just too cute...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...