Saturday, March 29, 2014

Nursery Designs

The bedrooms for our babies have been getting some work done this week! First off, in Kesten's room, I wanted to bring out the forest theme a little more. So, after ripping off an idea from a good friend, I decided to add some aspen (or birch) trees to Kesten's room. There are many lovely stencils available, but I found the trees to be too skinny on most of them. I wanted bigger trees, so I painted them on myself, using painter's tape to make the trunks and then I freehanded the branches and the bark details. I love the way it looks and so does Kesten. He likes to show people the "big trees!" in his room.

 My parents have been up visiting this week and my dad and I worked on building a dresser that we designed for the new baby's room. Here it is! I love love LOVE the way it turned out! I am so excited to fill it up with little newborn clothes! (The hand-me downs are in the wash!) I love the dark stain we used on the wood and how it really pops in that yellow room. We are starting to think this is the nicest room in the house!
 We still need to add the bedding to the crib and there will be a few more finishing touches, but it is coming together nicely!
 Another view of the dresser and the shelf I made for the room ages ago.
How exciting! Not too much longer until we get to meet this new little person (but it feels like an eternity!)

4 comments:

  1. Both rooms are wonderful!! I love how clean and uncluttered they are. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope they like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these rooms! You must be so excited....I love the birches- they are addicting to paint eh? I find after a while I start painting eyes on them....great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was starting to paint some eye shapes too...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...