Saturday, April 19, 2014

Newborn Knitting and a Broody Hen

Things are slowing down around here and at the same time gearing up to welcome this new baby in about 3 weeks (hopefully!). While I was in Prince George, I started working on a little newborn hat pattern with the lovely yarn that my friend got me for a baby present.
The bamboo is so soft and luxurious! 
The colours inspired me to create a little seedling hat. I'll post the pattern once I have a real newborn to model it on!

 I also made a pattern for little scratch mitts (I still have to get around to knitting the second one.)
 I love the little leaf on top of the hat.
 Not much longer until Baby Nutbrown the Second gets to wear it!
 Yesterday I must have been in nesting mode, as I cleaned up the house and some of the garden beds. Whew! It is getting pretty exhausting these days.
 Someone else is in nesting mode too. Peabody the hen has gone broody. She is my first chicken to have ever done so. I was a little worried about her yesterday, because I didn't know what she was up to. I took the eggs out from under her and she moved over to a new spot to sit on an egg that one of the other chickens laid. Hmm, I wonder how long this is going to last.

 All signs of Spring, I guess. It is drizzly today, which will help everything green up, now that the snow is almost all gone.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome spring! And your little hat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can hardly wait until the real baby gets to wear it, not a doll!

      Delete
  2. So sweet! I love the little leaf too....are you planting wheat this year?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...