Friday, May 23, 2014

The Slow Rhythm of Things

It's interesting, having a newborn. It's like you are so busy, but you're not really doing much. That being said, we are slowly building a rhythm and routine. Dishes are actually getting done, meals are actually getting cooked, and there is time left over for walks and naps. And my heart is overflowing with love for my two babies.

 Hehe, those little legs are so cute.

 Those little eyes are opening up wider every day.

 Making faces already. What a ham!
 Yesterday, Cedar and I went for a walk in the drizzly rain. She was snuggled up close and warm to me and I got to use my old vintage umbrella. Coming home along the lake, I spotted a little grey-headed chipmunk among the rocks. He was busily chewing up little dandelion heads.
 This is the first chipmunk I've seen here!
 If I do a second Northern Animals book, there will be a little chipmunk in there.
In a few minutes we are heading to the Farmer's Market for our first time as a family of four. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Aww such a beautiful little baby, you are very fortunate! And Kesten looks like he's handling it well - sharing his mom's time? Lovely chipmunk photo - the only time I saw one down here was at Rona, I suspect he came in with a shipment of wood.
    Hope things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Kesten is doing really well with such a big adjustment. A chipmunk in Rona! haha Poor little guy. We used to get birds stuck in our middle school when they were doing construction. It was quite bizarre to hear a bird singing in the common area.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...