Sunday, November 9, 2014

Christmas Crafting

There is only a short window of opportunity in which my children won't be disappointed by homemade presents and I plan on taking full advantage of it. I am in my crafting glory right now, working on different presents for the little ones. Here's a few pictures of my latest project:

I made them a little felt activity book. I had fun designing it and sewing it up!
The book opens with a button clasp.

The leaves snap on the and sunflower buttons in place.

The apple uses velcro to stick to the tree.
UNzip the dirt to see the root vegetables growing in the garden.
I also made a "First Christmas" ball for Cedar, very similar to her brother's.
I am in the process of making a fantastic felt play mat for Kesten, full of roads, bridges, tunnels, hills, garages, stop signs, trees, and caves! I am having a lot of fun with it so far!
Also on the crafting agenda:
* a fox doll for Cedar sewn from felt
* a wooden puzzle for Kesten using the dust jacket image of one of his favourite books
* a sewn sensory bag (full of rice or lentils and objects to find) for Cedar
I also have to make our yearly wood-burned ornament for the Christmas tree. I've made one every year since we got married and this will be our eighth one.
I'll post pictures of the projects as they are finished.

4 comments:

  1. Your children are fortunate to receive such lovely homemade (with love) gifts! Well done! My kids are all grown and we still give homemade gifts to each other....they are the best in my opinion. Can't wait to see the felted play mat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray-Ann! I think reading through the Little House series again has been inspiring me to do the homemade gifts again.

      Delete
  2. Love your activity book! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...