Monday, April 27, 2015

Made From Scratch

Well, I finally did it! I made a meal from scratch using only what I have grown/raised in my backyard (excluding the salt). 
Using my home-raised eggs and home grown wheat, I made a pasta dough.




 I used my pasta maker to cut it into noodles.
 Then, I used the spaghetti sauce that I had made from my home-grown tomatoes, onions, garlic, thyme, and oregano. I made the sauce last summer and froze it until I could get around to making pasta.

 I'm very proud of this meal and the hours that went into making it from scratch! The wheat I used was Blue Tinge Ethiopian wheat, which gave the pasta a nice bluish-purple colour.
 The kids enjoyed it too!




I really want to try making a bread that is from scratch...someday. My wheat field is planted and sprouting in preparation.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kris - good for you, that's quite an achievement. You must feel like a pioneer woman!
    Looks like the kids are enjoying it..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...