Monday, April 20, 2015

Sewing

The sewing machine was really busy for a bit this spring, whipping up some nice projects for us.
Kesten requested an apron in his size. He wanted a white apron and when I told him I wasn't sure I had any white fabric, he requested a "man" apron. Haha, not sure what that means! I used a tea towel and trimmed the top to make it "apron" shaped and sewed some ribbon to edge it and make ties.
 I added a denim pocket and embroidered an apple, lemon, and orange, just as he requested. What a guy! He likes to wear it when we make pancakes and when he plays in his kitchen.
 My Mother-in-law sent me this beautiful fabric to sew Cedar a dress. I used this easy-peasy pattern, which involved all of 10 minutes of sewing. The other side is reversible with pink elephants.

 Next up is a little dress that I made up a pattern for. I wanted to try out some smocking, since I learned how ridiculously easy it is using a machine!


And finally, I made a dress for myself using the Washi dress pattern and expansion pack by Made by Rae. I really love her patterns. She gives very clear instructions and makes you feel like you can really sew! I've made the Geranium dress several times now.
 I've always wanted a dress with a Peter Pan collar. I'm excited to make other styles of this dress.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. What fun outfits for everyone. I recognize Kesten's apron, we had the same ones for our wedding guests (without the fancy ties and pocket). You make some very cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...