Thursday, July 9, 2015

Alaska

































We went on a family camping trip last week to Hyder, Alaska. It's a tiny border town that is landlocked- you can't get into the rest of Alaska from there. They share their isolated location with a town on the BC side, Stewart. The trip was so much fun and we were very sad when it was over. On our way back down, we drove through the Nis'gaa lava fields and stopped in several lakes to cool off from the 35c weather (in a car without air conditioning). We quickly stopped in Kitimat, just to see the place and then camped at Lakelse Lake outside of Terrace. Kesten cried the last half hour of our 10 hour drive home, begging us to go back camping.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! And such good memories for your family. We like to camp and our children have fond memories. They now camp with their children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have so many fond memories of camping when I was a kid, I hope my kids will continue to enjoy it as they grow.

      Delete
  2. Great pics Kris.. I agree with Kesten, let's go camping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, I'm ready to go again! (Especially since we have super nice air mattresses that are more comfy than our bed!)

      Delete
  3. ah yes, Lakelse Lake, my favorite plays pot when I was a kid (I was born in Terrace). Glad he had a good time. Your kids are getting such great adventures, i am envious!!! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you were born in Terrace! It's a nice spot, especially Lakelse Lake.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...